The Granbery Backpack Program offers a supply of nutritious meals and snacks for children during school breaks, free of charge. Sample items sent home include: cereal, oatmeal, applesauce cup, granola/cereal bar, snack mix or goldﬁsh package, Easy Mac, canned vegetables, and canned soup. This program is intended to help those students whose families may ﬁnd it difﬁcult to have enough food. Bags will be distributed at the end of the week and during the days leading up to a school break (Fall, Winter, and Spring Breaks). Bags will not be provided during breaks, or in the case of an inclement weather day.
If your family is in need, and you believe your child could beneﬁt from this program, we encourage you to sign them up by ﬁlling out the online form below, and your information will make its way to the School Counselor, Crystal Owens. Only one form is needed for all the children in your family. This information is kept conﬁdential.
If you are experiencing a food emergency, please let us know! We often have emergency food available.
Additional Food Resources:
- For more signiﬁcant help in a food crisis, please call 2-1-1.
- Second Harvest Food Bank at 615-329-3491; www.secondharvestmidtn.com/get-help
- McMurray Middle School (Weekdays, 8:55am - 3:55pm), 520 McMurray Drive, Nashville, 37211; 615-333-5126
- The Nashville Food Project, 12 Garden St. Nashville, 37210; 615-460-0172; www.thenashvillefoodproject.org
- Heritage Church of Christ, (Thursdays, 1pm-3pm), 4004 Lebanon Pike, Hermitage, 37076; 615-883-0654
- Hillcrest UMC Community Food Bank, (1st and 3rd Thursdays each month from 4-6pm) 5112 Raywood Lane, Nashville, 37211; 615-832-0157
- Lake Providence Missionary Baptist Church, 5891 Nolensville Road, Nashville, 37211; 615-834-5838
If you are interested in donating food for the Backpack Program or helping shop for groceries, please mark that on the Volunteer Opportunities form located HERE. We will also accept monetary donations to be used to purchase food for the program. Simply send a check to school with your student made out to "Granbery PTA" with "Backpack Program" written in the memo line.
Strapped on time but still want to help? Shop our Amazon wish list!
Questions or Concerns? Please contact Crystal Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, September 27
- Tuesday, October 2
- Saturday, October 6
- Monday, October 8
- Friday, October 12
- Monday, October 15
- Tuesday, October 16
- Wednesday, October 17
Questions or Comments? We'd love to hear them!
Contact us to support Granbery and showcase your business here!